Syracuse Fly Guide Ambassador Program
Want to help out your community? Get to know your local airport? Do you have a passion for aviation? If any of these apply to you, volunteer now to become a Fly Guide at the Syracuse Hancock International Airport!
Fly Guides are an unpaid, volunteer position. As a Fly Guide, you take on the role of airport ambassador! You can make a positive impact in the community by helping to ensure the flying public and visitors have access to general information and guidance, especially during peak travel times.
What would I do?
- Help guide and inform travelers in terminal or concourse area
- Answer questions about airport services
- Answer questions about regional services
- Use the training, resource manual, and electronic tablet provided to help travelers
- Attend meetings and training to keep educated on airport services
- Report suspicious or questionable behavior in line with airport security protocol
What are the qualifications?
- There is no minimum educational or work experience needed to become a Fly Guide!
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must be available to work the required shifts and follow Fly Guide code of conduct
- You must be able to pass a security clearance background check
- You are encouraged to have a passion for aviation!